Tuesday, November 19, 2013

2013 draws to an end

It's already November.  What does time fly.  This year I did my best to promote Clancy's book as good as I possibly could.  And we will end the year with some book signings in Bastogne during the Nuts Weekend. 
I will arrive in Bastogne on Friday 13 December.  I'm not a supersticious person so for me it's a day as none other.  But just on the safe side, I'll keep things safe.  As I always do.
On Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 December I will be in the Bastogne Barracks.  The place where General McAuliffe had his HQ during the siege of Bastogne 69 years ago.  It's an honour to be there.  And especially to be there to promote Clancy's book and keep his memory alive.  I hope to see many of you there this year.
I'm so grateful that the Lyall family has given me so much support after Clancy's passing.  And I hope to visit them during the springtime next year  A trip I have been postponing the past couple of years.  It's not always easy to make such a trip.  And my budget hasn't been too great to be honest and in this economy..

There is much talk about the 100th Annniversary of the start of World War I but there is also something very important coming up next year.
Plans are already made to attend the 70th Anniversary of the D-Day Landings in Normandy.  I will be situated in the Sword sector this time around.  But I will visit the other sectors too. 
I have some difficulties finding spots to promote Clancy's book but I hope I can do a signing or two there somewhere.  So keep your fingers crossed.  And again, I hope to see many of you there as it will be a massive week and most probably the final big event in Normandy with veterans still attending.

Alright, there  is also some news to report.  I'm working on the Dutch version of Silver Eagle.  My deadline will be end of March but with the pace I'm going, I'm certain I will make it well before that.  The Dutch version will be released in September 2014, in time for the 70th Anniversarry of the Market Garden operation.  And there might be a special limited Dutch edition too.  But can't say any more than I already have. 
A French version was almost in the works for a release next June but due to lack of time, it won't happen.  Maybe there will be a French version one day but as for the time being, that road has been closed.

And I'm also working on  WW2-related novel.  It's a fiction story which starts in the 1930s.  Over the years I heard so many stories about the occupation by many witnesses.  I plan to use those stories and mix them into a novel.  I don't know when I will have it finished as I'm aiming to make it at least a trilogy.  Sounds a bit ambitious but you have to set goals in your life and I will do the best I can.

Okay, this is enough for now.  Sorry it has been such a while since I last posted in here.  I wish you all the best and you will hear from me soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Archive